- socrates... students were supposed to use their heads..
- all you need is a few young people and one old man..
- could it be that arithmetic is an obsolete skill..
- watch the learner.... if there's no interest.. pay attention.. there's something wrong
- humans love the box.. interesting and irrelevant
- when children are exposed.. in unsupervised groups
- great teaching method.. leave resources... and leave alone
- learners aren't supposed to invent pedagogies.. but they did.. no?
- the method of the grandmother (mentor alongside) - just listen ..
- switch from the method of the mother to the method of the grandmother
- there came his granny cloud
control (my mind is flashing to colegacy video - what/why do we keep measuring? and worse - deciding what to measure)
- problem - if they can read, search, put facts together.. at what point should they believe..?
so - what if we start with the belief.. the why?
- Negropante - can children learn to read on their own.
- if the answer is yes.. then ed is turned on it's head..
- answer to that question will lie the future of learning..
beyond hole in the wall
ah.. i knew negropante sounded familiar.. solve for x
- primary ed is the world's biggest problem
- what you have to learn in primary ed is learning itself - and then becoming passionate about it
- so what can they learn by themselves
- again - if we can show they can teach themselves to read..
then amy told me to look into peter gray