Saturday, October 2, 2010

web 3.0

super video via @kraykray


Web 3.0 from Kate Ray on Vimeo.


bravo Kate Ray... excellent... excellent... down to the music, the spanish translation... bravo.

liked this keen comment as well:
It's a tricky issue, since I see your argument that not including women perpetuates a stereotype in the minds of people watching, but including women specifically for their gender perpetuates a pattern of unequal treatment.

Here's my opinion on the issue:
Since I'm now co-founding an Internet based start-up (an area that's 92% male, according to NYTimes), I'd consider myself a 'woman in tech,' and am acutely aware that it makes a difference.
I would absolutely encourage more women to get into the tech industry. If all my plans and dreams came true with this start-up and I was suddenly very successful, I would scream of out frustration if, after all that, I were profiled in the NYTimes or somewhere else JUST because I was a woman (unless the article was about female entrepreneurs). I wouldn't want to be interviewed for anyone's project as the token female. It would make me feel cheapened.

last quote: if we end up building all the things i could imagine we will have failed.

________________________________