Thursday, June 21, 2012

david peterson

via uncollege
interview-with-viral-youtube-sensation-david-peterson

I had tried and tried at school, but I was always better at everything I did outside of class. I have severe ADHD, and being in school really made me hate that about myself, because it’s a weakness in that traditional structure. My head is in a million different places. That’s how I’m built, but in school you’re supposed to focus on only one thing.

There was a definitive moment when I knew school wouldn’t work for me, and once I realized that, I knew I didn’t agree with anyone who was telling me it’s risky to leave school.
I don’t hate college; it just didn’t fit for me. For a while I resented the fact that I was told that it should fit. I resented the idea that if you can’t make college work you’re destined for a much harder life.





holy cow.