Sunday, August 29, 2010

adam burk




my friend Adam is doing some fundraising for very worthy causes via his bike...



here's some info if you care to support him..

I am riding in three charity bike rides this fall beginning with the Pedal for Peace, which begins and ends at our beloved Frontier. After that I ride in the Loon Echo Land Trust Hike n' Bike Trek and then the 
Dempsey Challenge. I will be biking 50 miles each time.

If you are drawn to support me in fundraising for any of these causes I would greatly appreciate your help. If you want to support me but are unsure of where to give, my greatest fundraising need is the Pedal for Peace, which is in two weeks. 

The Ride Info

The Pedal for Peace benefits the Business Council for Peace, which supports woman entrepreneurs in Afghanistan, Rwanda and El Salvador to bolster their businesses and provide more jobs. My goal is to raise $250 for this effort. If you'd like to donate to support me in this ride please click here.


I am riding in the Dempsey Challenge with a team of colleagues and friends from the Gulf of Maine Research Institute. My goal is to raise $150. All donations will support The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing in Lewiston, Maine. You can get to my Dempsey Challenge fundraising page here to make an online donation:

Donations for the Hike n' Bike Trek will support land conservation in western Maine. Here is my fundraising page:

Thank you for your support-be it financial or moral.

With gratitude,
Adam

 
__________________________________________________