Saturday, September 18, 2010

mashup fried & coyle

@jasonfried was at #bif6 - wow to that.
i quote Rework daily. (fyi to the people who can't hear me)

on the plane to and from Providence (which i fell in love with) -
i read Daniel Coyle's Talent Code.
[which @kessampanthar recommended to me like a year ago. he recommended that and Carol Dweck's Mindset. the 2 books i put off till last on my then current list. silly me.]


so - my take...
Coyle's deep practice bleeds of Fried's rework.

it was like - that's how you do it.
the mash-up for me:
before reading talent code - rework was my play book for making days matter. like i would focus on orchestrating better time slots. (i'm sure a disservice to rework's intent.)
after reading talent code - rework is the bi-product (as i'm assuming was it's intent) of my inner emotion (@nabilharfoush) and ignition.

so to me - right now - rework is part of the detox (critique requested) most of us need.
which as you can see below - ridiculously resembles keith's site.

_________________________