Sunday, September 19, 2010

bif 6 - my notes & such


my story from the stories:

I believe we need to focus on offense… we’re burying ourselves in defense.
I believe we need to respectfully question and unpack assumptions of success.
I believe we need to focus on what makes us tick and then stand graciously tall.

Everyday.

i believe innovation = learning.
and innovation is not invention. 
we don't need to invent anything more in ed. 
we need to rework what we already have in time/money/resources. 
we need to listen to global voices and become more resourceful.
all anyone needs is access to resources (and probably a bit of detox) 
not managers/owners.... use Sugata as an example. 
those all around us are our emotion and ignition and passion...

from reading talent code to and from... 
wondering how incredible if we could free ourselves up (the land of the free - right?) to let kids choose their topic and then facilitate/model deep practice, a keen process of learning how to learn...



[i can't convince myself that we all need ie: algebra... please help]





_______________________________________