Sunday, November 21, 2010

document.... reflect.... share










I think this is how to get better at what you (any you) do.. how to live on the edge.. in knowledge flow vs knowledge stock . Document, reflect and share.
.
@ChrisBrogan does it: see chores
I spend 50% of my time connecting with people, by commenting on their blogs, by replying to their tweets, by answering their questions in my own comments section, …  The more I spend time networking and building relationships, the more I get lucky.I write my chores down on a poster in my office. The more I can keep on task, the more I can accomplish.


@JimFolk and Seth Godin do it: see documenting/blogging



Jim’s explanation of edgility
.
@Shareski does it: see blogging as reflection on the Huffington Post.
I love his means of validation… something that matters to him.. (and those of us who trust him know the depth of that value – which speaks volumes) … his golf clubs.
This resonates with the kids idea of validation:











In the lab via Jim and Adam, we’re experimenting with logging/documenting/sharing and are creating activity systems mappings through participatory action research as a means to monitor growth vs grades, rubrics, tests, etc.
We’re seeking to create/sustain/enable a scalable self-construction… so that people (any people) know what to do when they don’t know what to do.
If you have the document/reflect/share thing down… bravo. If not, or if you know someone that doesn’t…check this.. see if it helps.
.
You really can do/learn whatever you want.
.
I spent 2 hours with an incredible homeless man last night. This paradigm shift… it’s going to blow us away. Who’s not homeless? (via kids – we don’t say houseless… it’s not so much about a shelter as it is about belonging.) We can’t not. We don’t need more resources.. we just need to be more resourceful… to share more.
.
What an incredible time we are living in. What a great opportunity for meshing ed. Let’s notice, dream, connect and do… in whatever flavor you choose.
______________________________________________