Thursday, February 11, 2010

in search of 100 copies


light grey bit below is from a previous (ugly long) post.. about Linchpin..

told my kids yesterday... this book is so good... we should stop "school" and read the book. 
they were momentarily delighted because most get that "school" needs to be different. but they've been trained to be inactive {and most often *unbelievably respectful} rebels.
 i know - that doesn't make sense. that's the point.
 {*i'm afraid much of what we do in the name of public ed is abusive.}

______________________________________________________________

So... I get to do something really cool at my amazing school - 
and I've decided to listen not to lizard brain reasoning... but to take my ridiculous advice of earlier (above) post and make it happen....
For each of these courses - I'm going to have the kids read Linchpin - or listen to the audio...yay

This is a call out to...
I'm wondering if any of you Linchpin/Godin/Innovation/school-changing people would be willing to share your already read copy with around 100 kids, who will pass them on... to others in the district... and to others in ed around the world.

If you are able and so inclined...my school address: 
monika hardy
Thompson Valley High
1669 Eagle Dr
Loveland, CO 80537

grazie... and we plan to permeate our community with Linchpin the book and Linchpins the people....

________________________________________________________________________

Not only did I receive an early copy of Linchpin, because Seth so graciously made the offer if we donated money to Acumen.. but he also just sent us another free copy to share. 
Starting tomorrow - I'll be passing that copy around. (Part 4 in the lab is starting this semester... the rest.. next fall.)

I've also recommended that teacher professional development not go on as usual. Everyone is very stressed with budget cuts, and still a lot of incredible teachers are doing school wrong. The solution: 
we all take a week off to read - 
1. Linchpin (aka - how to save your job) - 
and 
2. Tribes (how to run class).

_______________________________________________________