Friday, July 12, 2013

jabiz raisdana - can i read one

"Can I read one?" Kaia asks with her head on my shoulder as I make my way through a collection of poems by Billy Collins. "Of course. Try this one." It felt like time stood still as we read together:

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

_________________________________________________________________________

She lets out a soft snort, like a laugh but not quiet. She looks up into my eyes. We smile. We both know, she gets it.
Like ·  ·  · 2 hours ago · 
  • 11 people like this.
  • Carl Hooppell its really sad that I dont get it  please just this once be my english teacher again mr raisdana! and even without understanding it was still beautiful to read, I must read more poetry 
    2 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Jabiz Raisdana That unexplainable beauty you felt, Carl, that need for more poetry, that is all there is to get. That feeling that there is something so clear and simple and obvious that we cannot name. The feeling of stopping time and swimming in the moment. The awareness of life as it floats by.