Saturday, November 14, 2009

loving this compilation by @ehelfant


Just read a most incredible post this am.

At first - it looked too long - I had too much to do. But to my pleasure/reward - it was the best read ever.

For almost a year now - I have been immersing myself in learning - via very smart people, via Twitter, via Triiibes, via many Ning plns, via blogs/books, via face-to-face conversations, via open ed courses, via experimentation, via listening, ...etc.

Elizabeth seems to have put all my findings together. As I kept reading - I was amazed at how she had woven all this learning into one article. Thank you dear Elizabeth Helfant for that.

Please find her most incredible post here.

Her post is most certainly worth the time and the read - but for those who just can't spare it - you have to see these:
 
Piano Stairs - The Fun Theory:-Volkswagon (1:48) 
VW is advertising through sharing creative ideas of how to get more people to use the stairs via fun....getting more people to throw away trash via fun. 
We need to turn work into play for the student, for us... yes?


The Spirit of New Humanities: Richard Miller (4 minutes)
No time for the video? - best take away for me:
The real problems of society don't have solutions, they have ways to deal with them and to move. Encourage students to rest in ambiguity. If a student starts in clarity, works in clarity, and finishes in clarity, they have learned nothing. Confront confusion, ignorance, lack of understanding - your ability to do that is a sign of your success as a student.